Search This Blog

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Welcome to My Poetry Blog

Welcome to my new blog.  I decided to start a blog to post my poetry on, mostly to have an easy way to share my poetry with friends.  Maybe some of you know me from my other blog, Story of My Service Dog.  If not, I hope you visit me, there, too!

A lot of my poetry is about pretty personal topics.  However, it's not all autobiographical.  Poetry is neither fiction nor nonfiction, but something else, something in between.  Please don't assume all the poetry you read here is about me, but please don't assume it's not, either.  Poetry, for me, is about expressing a deep truth, and it's about expressing emotion, but it's also about making my readers feel something.  It's not necessarily about being factually accurate.  It's more about being emotionally real and also emotionally accurate.

Is that clear as mud?

No comments:

Post a Comment